Privacy & Policies
Calypso Ventures, Inc.
Website Usage Terms and Conditions
The term ‘CVI’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website who is Calypso Ventures, Inc. The term ‘you’ or “your” refers to the user or viewer of our Website. The term “Website” means CVI’s website(s) and the term “Services” means any services available through the Website.
· BY USING THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. Any individual using the Website or Services on behalf of a company further represents and warrants that they are authorized to act and enter into contracts on behalf of that company.
· The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
· Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
· This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
· Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
· From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
· Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of California, United States of America.
CVI is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CVI may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from December 7th, 2010.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
· Name, title
· IP address
· Contact information including email address
· Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· Other information relevant to customer surveys, offers and/or product purchase transactions.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to understand your needs, provide you with better service, and for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping.
· We may use the information to improve our products and services.
· We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
· From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by CVI and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Any Dispute Resolution Proceedings, whether in arbitration or court, will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class or representative action or as a named or unnamed member in a class, consolidated, representative or private attorney general action.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of CVI. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, CVI takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable.
Tampering with the site, misrepresenting the identity of a user, using buying agents or conducting fraudulent activities on the site are prohibited.
The web site attempts to display product information on the site as accurately as possible. However, we cannot guarantee that the images or colors you see matches the product exactly for color or other details. The display of the color depends, in part, upon the monitor you are using.
Prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and CVI reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged.
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. The CVI Web site reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason.
Issued Software licenses are not returnable or cancelable, no refunds are available.
CVI may, in its sole discretion, terminate your account or your use of the web site at anytime. You are personally liable for any orders that you place or charges that you incur prior to termination. CVI reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspects of the web site at any time without prior notice.
Use of the website and/or the online user forums means that you also agree these terms and conditions:
ASSUMPTION OF RISK; RELEASE
USER INFORMATION; PASSWORD PROTECTION
You may also be asked to provide a user name and password in connection with Your use of certain of the Services. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password. You may not use the account, user name, or password of any other member at any time. You agree to notify CVI immediately of any unauthorized use of Your account, user name, or password. CVI shall not be liable for any loss that You incur as a result of someone else using Your password, either with or without Your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by CVI, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives due to someone else’s use of Your account or password.
YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS
FORUM CONTROL; USER DISPUTES
CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL FROM CVI
CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS FROM USERS
“User Content” is any content, materials or information, that You upload or post to, or transmit, display, perform or distribute by means of, the Website, whether in connection with Your use of Services or otherwise. To clarify, You maintain full ownership of all your User Content posted to the Website. Because You own Your User Content, under the law, CVI requires a license from You before it can allow the User Content to be posted on the Website. For these reasons, the following provision is a necessary part of these terms:
YOU HEREBY GRANT THE CVI PARTIES A PERPETUAL, FULLY PAID-UP, WORLDWIDE, SUBLICENSABLE, IRREVOCABLE, ASSIGNABLE LICENSE TO COPY, DISTRIBUTE, TRANSMIT, PUBLICLY DISPLAY OR PERFORM, EDIT, TRANSLATE, REFORMAT AND OTHERWISE USE USER CONTENT IN CONNECTION WITH THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE, SERVICES OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR OR RELATED BUSINESS, IN ANY MEDIUM NOW EXISTING OR LATER DEVISED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IN ADVERTISING AND PUBLICITY. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THE CVI PARTIES MAY PUBLISH OR OTHERWISE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR EXERCISE OF THE LICENSE GRANTED UNDER THIS SECTION. YOU AGREE TO WAIVE, AND HEREBY WAIVE, ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE EXERCISE BY THE CVI PARTIES OF THE RIGHTS GRANTED UNDER THIS SECTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIMS RELATING TO YOUR RIGHTS OF PERSONAL PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY. YOU WILL NOT BE COMPENSATED FOR ANY EXERCISE OF THE LICENSE GRANTED UNDER THIS SECTION.
You hereby represent and warrant that You own all rights, title and interest in and to User Content or are otherwise authorized to grant the rights provided the CVI Parties under this section. You further represent and warrant that all User Content fully complies with CVI’s published guidelines.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR DEFAMATORY COMMENTS
(a) Compliance with Law
(c) Copyrighted Materials
(d) DMCA Policy
INDEMNITY BY YOU
Without limiting any indemnification provision of these terms, You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless CVI and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, representatives, sublicensees, successors, assigns, and Industry Professionals (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties“) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, causes of action and other proceedings (collectively, “Claims“), including but not limited to legal costs and fees, arising out of or relating to: (i) Your breach of these terms, including without limitation any representation or warranty contained in these terms; (ii) Your access to or use of the Website or Services; (iii) Your provision to CVI or any of the Indemnified Parties of information or other data; or (iv) Your violation or alleged violation of any foreign or domestic, federal, state or local law or regulation; (v) Your violation or alleged violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights; or (vi) any goods or services you advertise or solicit through the Website and/or Services.
The Indemnified Parties will have the right, but not the obligation, to participate through counsel of their choice in any defense by You of any Claim as to which You are required to defend, indemnify or hold harmless the Indemnified Parties. You may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of the concerned Indemnified Parties.
TERMINATION OF YOUR USE OF WEBSITE AND SERVICES
Termination by CVI
WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE TERMS, CVI RESERVES THE RIGHT TO, IN CVI’S SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR ANY BREACH OR SUSPECTED BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
Effect of Termination
This website and its content is copyright © Calypso Ventures, Inc 2006 to present date. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents of the Website in any form is prohibited other than the following:
· you may print or download to a local hard disk Website extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
· you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the Website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.